Monday, June 22, 2015

Final Reflective Post


             The course EME 2040 has taught me a lot of information, in a short period of time. Going into the class I lacked valuable knowledge on technology. Of course I knew how to use the internet, or make a PowerPoint, but that was about it. Through this course I have learned multiple skills that I can use in my teaching future. I learned how to "create a blog like this one, how to make a wiki, how to create a weebly, how to make charts or comics strips online, and how to collaborate online, and never have to meet the people I'm working with in person."

              Throughout the course, I also learned a lot from the reading and various sources that are now in my "delicious account." (Which I also learned how to create in this course.) Some information fascinated me such as how to "integrate more technology into my students' learning" (Starr, 12 June 2011) from the article "Integrating Technology in the Classroom: It takes more than just having computers" by Linda Starr, from the website "Education World"; a very useful website. This is very useful considering how important technology is in the modern world, and how it is important our students understand fully how to properly use that technology, so they can eventually become successful adults.

              We had multiple learning outcomes that we were supposed to meet in this course. I believe we met all of them, especially the learning outcome that said "The students will develop an internet-based project that uses technology as both a medium and a goal of K-12 instruction." (Coleman/FSW, Course Syllabus for EME 2040, Summer A 2015) I feel like we really went above on beyond on this outcome, as we created so many "online projects."

              There are not many suggestions I would offer to the class, as it was really effective this semester. I really liked how you provided detailed instructions for the assignments, and how to create the different technology accounts. I was a little worried about this class, since I had never taken a college class online, and was pleasantly surprised when I realized that is was really not bad at all, and I was still able to ask questions on projects and information related to the course, just like in a regular college course.

             Overall, this course was a new learning experience, that I feel was successful. I learned a ton of new content, and most importantly I could easily see how I could apply most if not all of what I learned to my future career in teaching.
             

                                            (Geralt. 19 December 2014. Retrieved From:  https://pixabay.com/en/blackboard-technology-board-school-573023/)
                                                                References
       Coleman Marie, FSW. EME 2040 Introduction to Technology for Educators Course Syllabus. (Summer A 2015) Retrieved From: https://fsw.instructure.com/courses/962659/modules 
      Geralt. Technology on Blackboard. Pixabay. (19 December 2014) Retrieved From: https://pixabay.com/en/blackboard-technology-board-school-573023/
     Starr Linda. "Integrating Technology in the Classroom: It takes more than just having computers."      Education World. (12 June 2011) Retrieved From: http://www.educationworld.com/a_tech/tech/tech146.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment